Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Less Than a Month!

The countdown calendar has begun! And I thought I wouldn't feel that time was running out until we turned the page of our wall calendar to September! Lots more sorting and packing around here, and actually, I've done just about all I can do ahead of time. So for the past week I've switched gears temporarily and have been spending a little time doing the things I enjoy most around here: gardening, playing with grandson Jimmy, fishing and boating with Mike, and going up into the mountains.

I had a lovely day last Friday with Jimmy, now 3, here all day while mom Katie held a yardsale. It is such a joy to my heart to have this little guy around. Even when I'm just listening in on his imaginative play it brings back such a comforting feeling; I always enjoyed hearing my kids at play with some elaborate set-up of blocks, cars, horse models, 'schoolbus people', etc. And having conversations with a 3-year-old is pure delight (unless you're in a hurry!). I am definitely going to miss being able to have him over so often, and I intend to take full advantage of our proximity while we're still here.

We have finally found homes for our fur-babies! Blessings on Kim who wants to adopt all 5 for her 10-acre farm. Kerry and I will be delivering Edward and Orion tomorrow, the rest a few at a time. We couldn't wish for a more perfect place for these kitties; they'll have run of the horse stalls, pastures, yard, garden, and hay barn... kittycat heaven! Kim loves cats but her husband says not inside, so it's a perfect fit for our outdoor pets. Thank goodness.

We've been getting the Blazer ready for shipping by buying all 4 new tires, and replacing the windshield. Wow! I forgot how clear the view could be up ahead! We didn't have any cracks - well, not until Mike pushed on it! - but there were plenty of rock chips. The transport companies tell you that the windshield must be completely intact before they'll ship it. So that's done now. Our pages of lists are slowly getting checked off as we get closer to Moving Day - September 25th.

Oh, by the way, our Hawaii house is just fine. The Hurricane That Wasn't wasn't a problem, the earthquakes only knocked a few things over, and the lava is still miles away.


No comments: