Friday, August 7, 2015

A Maui Weekend


A family mini-vacation... a weekend getaway... call it what you will, last weekend was delightful! Lori & Dave invited me to tag along (traveling nanny!) in a last-minute island-hopping excursion to the beautiful island of Maui. Of course, I jumped at the chance, not only to see a neighbor isle again, but also to spend such quality time with Acacia!

View from St John's, upcountry in Kula


We stayed at a little condo in Kihei and crammed as many activities as we could into our short stay on the island. These included dips in the pool, a visit to the Maui Ocean Center, a trip upcountry to Kula and Keokea, a nighttime walk down Front Street in Lahaina (our old stomping grounds), and of course, the beach! Oh, that soft fine sand, so different from our pebbly salt-and-pepper sand on the Big Island (our side of it anyway).



Obviously, I took lots of photos... (and yet, I still managed to not get any of the fantastic food we ate... too hungry after all the activity, I suppose). Here are only a few of the shots I got, but I think you'll get the idea. ;-) A good time was had by all.
Mahalo Lori & Dave!











Labyrinth at St John's, Kula



Morning dip in the pool
That's the island of Kaho'olawe in the distance

A look of total bliss
She sings to the waves
 



Walking down Front Street - lots of memories!





No comments: