Monday, July 28, 2008

Home-Grown Pineapple!

I just picked my very first home-grown pineapple from my own garden!
There have been others but I'd never been around to enjoy them; our guests got to have those ones. So this is my very first one!

It is soooo delicious, juicy and sweet. One of the best I've ever eaten - of course! ;-)
About 9" long, not counting the leaves at the top. Just enough for slices to go alongside dinner. :-)

We will plant the top again. That's how my pineapple patch was started - by planting the tops of those we'd bought and eaten. So cool! There are two more coming on, so this will be a repeat performance. :-)

In other news, Mike has finally put up a rain gutter on the side of the house where our new entry is. Yay! No more last-minute showers on us as we run into the house during a rain! Hey, every little bit of dry helps!
Oh, and here's a downpour to test it out... So far, so good.

Yikes! This squall is getting blustery - gotta go close windows. More later.

No comments: